Premises Hire Terms & Conditions
1. The Hirer shall during the period of the hiring be responsible for: supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents; their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity; including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction. The Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents.
2. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcohol thereon without written permission from the Committee.
3. The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining any licences that may be needed. Boyne Hill Altwood (BHA) Scout Group does not hold a Performing Rights Society licence for the premises or a license that permits the sale of alcohol.
4. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
5. The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates’ Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays. Fire Exits must be kept clear at all times.
6. The Hirer shall observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations if preparing, serving or selling food
7. The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by them to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
8. The Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified each member of the BHA Scout Group Executive and BHA Scout Group volunteers, agents and invitees (a) the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises and (b) all claims in respect of damage or loss of property or injury to persons arising as a result of the use of the premises (including the storage of equipment) by the Hirer. The Hirer shall take out adequate insurance to insure the Hirer and members of the Hirer’s organisation and invitees against all claims arising as a result of the hire and on demand shall produce the policy and current receipt or other evidence of cover to a member of the BHA Scout Group Executive. BHA Scout Group is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence.
9. The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public to a member of BHA Scout Group Executive as soon as possible. Any failure of equipment either that belongs to the BHA Scout Group must also be reported to a member of the BHA Group Executive. Certain types of accident must be reported to the Local Authority and the BHA Group Executive will give assistance to complete the form.
10. The Hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide dogs are brought to the premises other than by special agreement with BHA Scout Group Executive. No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
11. Smoking is not permitted on the premises or in the grounds of the school.
12. The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of the Children Act of 1989 and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
13. The Hirer shall not carry out or permit fly posting or any other form of unauthorised advertisements for any event taking place at the premises and shall indemnify and keep indemnified each member of BHA Scout Group Executive accordingly against all actions, claims and proceedings arising from any breach of this condition.
14. The Hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with Fair Trading Laws and any code of practice used in connection with such sales.
15. BHA Scout Group Executive reserves the right to cancel this hiring by written notice to the Hirer in the event:
15.1.1. BHA Scout Group Executive reasonably considering that (i) such hiring leading to a breach of licensing conditions, if applicable or other legal or statutory requirements, or (ii) unlawful or unsuitable activities will take place at the premises as a result of this hiring.
15.1.2. The premises becoming unfit for the use intended by the Hirer.
16. Any cancellation of a future hire booking may result in a cancellation fee being charged.
17. The Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition, with all doors and windows properly closed. Failure to fulfil this condition may result in an additional charge being made.
18. The Hirer shall ensure that noise is kept to an acceptable level at all times, and ensure that a minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure.
19. BHA Scout Group accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought on to or left at the premises and liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded.
20. No alterations or additions may be made to the premises nor may any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without prior written approval of BHA Scout Group Executive.
The Hirer must make good to the satisfaction of the BHA Scout Group Execuitve any damage caused by removal.
21. Bookings are not confirmed until the deposit has been paid. The balance of the hire due must be paid in full at the start of the hire at the latest.
22. Deposit will be returned within 14 days from the time of inspection. The deposit may be reduced or forfeited if any damage or cleaning is required as a result of the hire.
23. Access to the premises is not permitted outside the times agreed on the Booking Form.
24. In the event that the hirer arrives to find the school gates locked they must contact the site controller (number is located on the gate) to open them. It is then the hirer’s responsibility that the gate is closed and locked when leaving the premises.